Перейти к содержанию
BlackBerrys.ru
Molianalex

EA did a good here by taking the side of people standing up to tyranny

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Unfortunately, the gaming community appears to be full of racist and sexist men and women. Reddit as well, but you would not delete your account because some people are morons. The identical way you would not burn your passport because a few people in Mut 21 coins your country are brain-dead. Reddit as well, but you wouldn't delete your account because some people are morons. I came really close to doing exactly that. I've essentially boxed myself into a very small corner of reddit that I never depart. It is a matter that's only really widespread concerning people playing them. The games industry itself is actually incredibly progressive. Super progressive? Were they censor Colin Kaepernick's title out of YG's"Big Bank" on the Madden'19 soundtrack? Have we forgotten that already?

This. EA did a good here by taking the side of people standing up to tyranny. They can claim to be as progressive as they need, but their internal work culture is totally cut-throat, betray your best buddy for a bonus along with a sports car, internally sabotage your rivals project, kinda civilization. It is really pretty popular in Brazil, especially on TV, in regard to ratings it clearly loses out to football by a pretty wide margin, but I'd say it's on par with the NBA, Tennis and Formula 1 here. For the previous years cinemas have even started to demonstrate the Super Bowl in theaters live since it is a fairly big event.

However, it's not a popular game for people to play because it demands a great deal of equipment, but there are amateur soccer and/or flag football teams in every city and many universities. Who cares why they are doing it, can we respect that they're doing something? I imagine they already sent media coverage material to various publications in preparation of launching which trailer, and instead they are most likely spending a lot of time sending mails to say they're delaying it. Edit: Seeing a great deal of opinions that are like: Properly they do nothing. To that, I will just reply, they could still be doing less by just softly pushing back any proposed trailer reveals, and that this remains a business twitter which means someone needed to get the tweet approved on some level, which means someone did something. It's not a lot, but ... Nevertheless something.

They're like, not doing anything. Some art man somewhere spent 15 minutes putting platitudes on a black background and they tweeted out it. I have seen a dozen of these already and it's about as useful as putting about the rainbow icons for pleasure. It's advertising in a tragedy by trying to seem shaky. Maybe, but I think it's something. Half the replies I found on Twitter were folks freaking out about it. The one I enjoyed the most was,"But video games are a perfect distraction for stressful times like these!"

But police brutality and NFL are two themes which have been fairly well intertwined with each other these last couple of years due to all the protests. And there are a decent amount of soccer fans who do not"get it" (see Mike Pence, or invest over 5 minutes with my conservative father in law), so even if it's just a trailer to get a silly Madden game, I will take it. Maybe it is going to help knock some sense into somebody. If not, maybe it'll piss off them, I'm fine with that too, because fuck em. And they also could have achieved nothing. They could have waited a week or two for this to blow over and released it afterward. This manner receives the message out there, even when they've silly business motives, it's far better than nothing. There's many companies and many celebrities saying and doing nothing. I respect anyone who's speaking up.

Поделиться сообщением